LGLRPD_ChairmansCorner Welcome to...
Home
General Info
About LGL
About LGLPRD
AMC
Home NavBar_GenInfo NavBar_LGL NavBar_LGLPRD NavBar_AMC Home

Lake Management Plan

AMC_Pier Spraying

 Pier Spraying Permit

Lake Management Plan AMC_Pier Spraying LGL_Links

LITTLE GREEN LAKE PROTECTION AND REHABILITATION DISTRICT MINUTES

May 10, 2017

Chairman Harlan Barkley called the meeting of the Board of Commissioners for the LGLP&RD to order at 7:00 pm.  Present: Treasurer Dick Schneider, Secretary Renee Braun, Township Representative Tom Zick, County Representative Katie Mehn and Lake Liaison Mike Ross. Three residents attended.

PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE – All stood to say the Pledge of Allegiance.

APPROVAL OF AGENDA –  Motion by Schneider and seconded to approve the agenda. Motion passed.

APPROVAL OF MINUTES –  Motion by Zick and seconded to approve minutes for

April 12, 2017. Motion passed.

FINANCIAL REPORT - Schneider presented the financial report for May 1, 2017. General Checking Account had deposits totaling $9,131.13, the expenses were $22,099.73 (correction $15,115.05) balance is $105,622.59. Savings account balance $54,082.89.  Garbage/Recycle Savings Account deposits listed $6,332.40, withdrawals totaled $9,121.36, balance is $16,547.15 (correction $10,426.19). Debt Service Fund Account balance is $13,112.13, Equipment Repair & Replacement Fund Account Expenses balance is $8,270.59, Building Debt Service Fund Account Balance is $7,512.11. Schneider stated the first quarter trash bill has been paid.  Financial report was filed for audit.

SEWER FINANCIAL REPORT – Ross submitted the financial report for the Sewer Accounts for April 30, 2017.  General Checking Account expenses were $8,543.13, there was a $10,000.00 transfer from savings, the balance is $4,351.94, Savings Account deposits were $13,662.48, there was a transfer to check of $10,000.00, the balance is $413,179.71. CMAR CD interest income was $1.57, balance is $17,142.48. Environmental Fund loans balances are $931,196.69 and $26,623.25. The report was filed for audit.

UNFINISHED BUSINESS –

LAKE PLANNING PROGRESS –Barkley stated the lake planning committee had two meetings with Onterra. One on April 24th and a follow up meeting on May 9th.  They are planning a third meeting in June which will involve long term plans for the lake.  The first meeting will recap all the results of the surveys and data collected.  Barkley will do an update in power point at the annual meeting.  The herbicide spraying was bigger than the last several years, a suggestion by Onterra.  This year there will be a post spraying survey.  Additional cost for Onterra was $4,800.  50% will be reimbursed through a DNR grant.

PUMP HOUSE CONSTRUCTION – Ross received a $7,000 bid for the construction of the only the building.  Schneider and Ross will present the building project information at the annual meeting.

HARVESTER ELEVATOR – Heard nothing from Aquarius regarding the sale of the elevator.

EXOTIC PLANT TREATMENT – Treatment was done on May 3rd. It will take several weeks to take effect. Braun will post the permit on the website.

EMERGENCY ACTION PLAN UPDATES – Barkley is working on the action plan this summer.

ANNUAL MEETING PLANS – Ross submitted the Equipment list for the Sewer Division and the cost of each item.  He also submitted the inventory of assets and Proposed Sewer budget. Schneider also submitted the District’s Comparison Budget and the Account Balances along with the District’s list of assets and cost of each item.  Each of the reports will be printed and handed out at the annual meeting. Barkley submitted the District’s historical timeline which will be handed out at the meeting. Braun stated that Dawn Franke will have a petition for attendees to sign if they would like BugTussel internet service, to set up a tower in the area.

NEW BUSINESS – none

CHECK AND MAINTENANCE OF LAKE SHORE DR. RETENTION POND – Schneider stated that since the Town (correction County) is cutting the grass into smaller pieces there is no problem with blockage at the outlet of the retention pond but that there is a tree branch that will need to be removed. Mike will take care of it.

BUOYS PLACEMENT IN THE LAKE – Ross stated that the buoys are in place.

CORRESPONDENCE – The District received notification grant funds will cover the extra water study by Onterra this summer.

OTHER BUSINESS THAT COMES BEFORE THE BOARD – Barkley stated that Larry Charles will coordinate the pier spraying. Barkley will ask Ted Johnson to help with the permit. Schneider reported that trash pick has not been on schedule the last three weeks because of employee and truck issues.

ADJOURN – Motion by Mehn and seconded to adjourn the meeting at 8:12 pm. Motion passed.

NEXT MEETING:  June 14, 2017 at 7:00 p.m. (summer hours)


Renee Braun - Secretary