LGLRPD_ChairmansCorner Welcome to...
Home
General Info
About LGL
About LGLPRD
AMC
Home NavBar_GenInfo NavBar_LGL NavBar_LGLPRD NavBar_AMC Home

Lake Management Plan

AMC_Pier Spraying

 Pier Spraying Permit

Lake Management Plan AMC_Pier Spraying LGL_Links

LITTLE GREEN LAKE PROTECTION AND REHABILITATION DISTRICT MINUTES

January 18, 2017

Chairman Harlan Barkley called the meeting of the Board of Commissioners for the LGLP&RD to order at 5:00 pm. stating that the meeting last week was postponed due to icy roads.

Present: Treasurer Dick Schneider, Secretary Renee Braun, Township Representative Tom Zick, County Representative Katie Mehn, Lake Liaison Mike Ross and invited resident Jim Hillman. Three residents were present.

PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE – All stood to say the Pledge of Allegiance.

APPROVAL OF AGENDA –  Motion by Schneider and seconded to approve the agenda. Motion passed.

APPROVAL OF MINUTES – Motion by Mehn and seconded to approve minutes for

December 9, 2016. Motion passed.

FINANCIAL REPORT - Schneider presented the financial report for December 31, 2016. General Checking Account Balance is $79,445.69, Savings Account Balance is $53,957.03, Debt Service Fund Account Balance is $13,081.62, Equipment Repair & Replacement Fund Account Expenses Balance is $8,251.34, Building Debt Service Fund Account Balance is $7,494.63, and Garbage/Recycle Account Balance is $5,074.49. Schneider included an Income and Expense Report for 2016. Income for the year was $170,209.38 and Expense $169,735.18.  The ending balance for 2016 is $474.20.  Financial report was filed for audit.

SEWER FINANCIAL REPORT – Mike Ross submitted the financial report for the Sewer Accounts for December 31, 2016.  General Checking Account Balance is $12,423.61, Savings Account Balance is $465,692.39, CMAR CD Balance is $17,124.11, Environmental Fund loans:

$ 976,873.12 and $31,491.36.  The report was filed for audit.

UNFINISHED BUSINESS –

S. KEARLEY ROAD MAINTENANCE FOR TRASH PICK UP – Jim Hillman introduced himself and explained that he lives on S. Kearley Road and does the plowing.  Schneider stated that he received four calls from S. Kearley Road residents regarding the lack of trash pickup for the past several weeks.  He contacted Advanced Disposal and was told it was too icy to get the truck up the hill. Discussion ensued regarding who is responsible for putting salt on the road.  Hillman stated it is the first time there has been a situation that the garbage truck could not get up the hill.  Ross reported that Town employee Chris Stolfus will allow Hillman to leave the all the trash at the bottom of the hill, in bad weather so that Advanced Disposal can pick the garbage up. Hillman said if the weather gets warmer he will try to scrap the road and remove the ice.

GRANT TO TRASH/RECYCLING – Schneider researched the requirements to apply for a trash/recycling grant. The district would need to hire a lawyer to draft an ordinance along with several other requirements before applying for the grant. Discussion ensued.  The board decided that the expenses of applying for the grant outweighed the benefits.

 LAKE PLANNING PROGRESS – Barkley stated he plans on meeting with Tim Hoyman from Onterra and discussing the results of the water testing and resident survey. Barkley would like to prepare for a presentation at the annual meeting. Barkley stated that 33% of residents who answered the survey were very interested in the aquatic management of the lake, as well as getting involved in testing and additional education. Barkley will give the board an update of his meeting with Hoyman at the next meeting.

PUMP HOUSE CONSTRUCTION – Schneider and Ross need to contact the County to get the zoning requirements of building a pump house on the lake property were the harvesters are parked in the summer.  They also need to talk to an electrician to estimate the cost of getting electricity to the building.  They will have more information at the February meeting.

HARVESTER ELEVATOR –  Ross has not heard anything from Aquarius.  

AUDIT PLANS – Barkley stated that Alan Zastrow, Dave Hoffman and John Gardner will conduct the audit in February or March.

EXOTIC PLANT TREATMENT -  Barkley talked to Aaron Gruenewald regarding the permit for the exotic plant treatment also known as the ‘big lake treatment’. Aaron told him he did not need to start the process until the ice is out.  The board suggested he start sooner.  Barkley will contact Ted Johnson from the DNR to guide the District so that the permit is submitted in a timely manner.

SIGNS AT EACH PUBLIC LANDING – UPDATE – Schneider read the drafted verbiage that will be written on the signs at each of the three public landings. He is in the process of finalizing the size and format of the signs.   

EMERGENCY ACTION PLAN UPDATES – Barkley is reviewing the plan and working on the changes where needed. He will submit a draft at the next meeting.

2017 LAKE CONVENTION – APRIL 5-7 -Barkley will register for all three days. Braun stated she will attend one day. The information will be posted on the website for residents interested in attending.

NEW BUSINESS –

ANNUAL MEETING PLANS – Per the last annual meeting the date of May 20th was voted on by the attending residents. The treasurer position will be open.  Schneider stated he will run for another term. Barkley stated all nomination must be received 45 days before the annual meeting which is April 5th. The board decided to again have it at the Soldiers and Soldiers park. Braun will reserve the big building and the Boy Scout building.  She will contact the Lions club regarding the use of the kitchen and Wayside restaurant regarding the catering. The board decided to give two free meal tickets per household. Any additional people will cost $5.00 each.  RSVPs will be required. A post card with initial annual meeting information will be mail in February.

CORRESPONDENCE – A holiday card was received from Onterra.

OTHER BUSINESS THAT COMES BEFORE THE BOARD –  Ross stated that the secretary’s antivirus, on her computer has expired. Barkley stated he should upload the free Avast Antivirus which is on his District computer. Braun reported that Gina Simonds from Marine Biochemist e-mailed to say they did not receive the payment for the pier spraying. Braun e-mailed copies of the check and letter along with the address so that they can track its whereabouts. Barkley will contact Ted Johnson regarding individuals applying for a pier spraying permit. Braun will give Barkley names of business who contract out for pier spraying individual piers. Barkley is acquiring more information for the history of the lake.

The next meeting is February 8th.  Barkley requested a March 15th meeting date. The board agreed to the 15th.

ADJOURN – Motion by Zick and seconded to adjourn the meeting at 6:15 pm. Motion passed.

NEXT MEETING: February 8, 2017 AT 5:00 PM.   March meeting is March 15, 2017


Renee Braun - Secretary